- description: Adds mpl data files to an SDDS data set. mpl is a simple data format used by
the mpl Toolkit, which is now largely superseded by SDDS and will not be supported in the
mpl2sdds APS_s_betax.out APS_s_betay.out -output=APSbetas.sdds
mpl2sdds mplFile [mplFile...] -output=SDDSFile [-erase]
- files: Any number of mplFile arguments may be given. These name files in mpl format, which has
between two and four columns of data. sdds2mpl attempts to add all of the columns from each mpl
data file to the data set. However, a column that has the same name as an existing column
will not be used. By default, the data in the mpl files is added to SDDSFile, if it exists
- -output=SDDSfile — Specifies that data be added to file SDDSfile. If the file does not
exist, it is created.
- -erase — Specifies that if SDDSFile exists already, it should be erased prior to adding
any data to the data set. By default, the data in SDDSFilename is retained.
- see also:
- author: M. Borland, ANL/APS.