13.3 Highlights of What’s New in Version 2020.2
Here is a summary of what’s changed since release 2020.1. Historical change logs are collected in Section
13.3.1 Bug Fixes for Elements
- The CSRDRIFT element was not including longitudinal space charge as requested when CSR
effects were turned off. This was reported by Y. Park (UCLA).
13.3.2 Bug Fixes for Commands
- The parameters file created by the run_setup command had negative values for certain drift
lengths when backtracking was used. This was reported by Y. Park (UCLA).
13.3.3 New and Modified Elements
- Added MIN_NORMAL_ORDER, MAX_NORMAL_ORDER, MIN_SKEW_ORDER, and MAX_SKEW_ORDER to
the KQUAD, KSEXT, and CCBEND elements. This allows easily restricting which systematic and
random multipole orders are included without changing the data files.
- Added the T_REFERENCE parameter to RFCW, which is useful in backtracking in linacs.
13.3.4 New and Modified Commands
- Added the obstruction_data command, which permits specifying obstructions in global
coordinates. At present, this is experimental and only enforced inside CSBEND, KQUAD, KSEXT,
KOCT, and KQUSE elements, and at the end of elements.
- Added the losses_include_global_coordinates to the run_setup command, which allows
requesting that the losses file contains global coordinates of lost particles (as opposed to only
- The closed_orbit command now includes a parameter in the output file that indicates if
the orbit determination has failed.
- Added the rfc_reference_output parameter to the run_setup command, which allows
recording the internally-determined reference times for RFCA and RFCW elements. This can be
useful in improving backtracking in linacs.
- The error_element command now supports using sampled values in an external files as the
source for perturbation values.
13.3.5 Changes Specific to the MPI Parallel Version
13.3.6 Changes Specific to the GPU Version
The GPU version continues to be an alpha release and contains bugs. Users are
encouraged to check results against the serial or parallel versions and report issues to the
13.3.7 Changes to Related Programs and Files
- sddsbrightness now computes the undulator linewidth (FWHM).