13.13 Highlights of What’s New in Version 34.2.0, March 22, 2018
Here is a summary of what’s changed since release 34.1. Historical change logs are collected in Section
13.13.1 Bug Fixes for Elements
13.13.2 Bug Fixes for Commands
- The frequency_map command was incorrectly computing the diffusion rate as
- The coupled_twiss_output command would sometimes crash when calculate_3d_coupling=0.
13.13.3 New and Modified Elements
13.13.4 New and Modified Commands
- The global_settings command has two new fields, mpi_io_force_file_sync and
usleep_mpi_io_kludge, which can be used to solved MPI I/O problems that appear on some
file systems. Z. Pan (LBNL) brought the problems to our attention.
- The floor_coodinates command now ignores MAXAMP elements when computing combined
vertex points of strings of dipoles.
- The coupled_twiss_output command did not compute the tunes of the two modes, as
pointed out by G. Wei (TJNAF). This was addressed with assistance from V. Sajaev (APS).
13.13.5 Changes Specific to the GPU Version
The GPU version continues to be an alpha release and contains bugs. Users are
encouraged to check results against the serial or parallel versions and report issues to the
13.13.6 Changes to Related Programs and Files
- The program sddsbrightness now correctly includes the effect of Jx and Jy on the x and y
emittances when the -coupling option is used.
- Added the script parmela2elegant, to convert PARMELA beam data (ASCII format) to a
form acceptable by elegant.
- Fixed error in the atomic mass of CO2 in the script ionTrapping.