13.18 Highlights of What’s New in Version 32.0, 5 Jan. 2017
Here is a summary of what’s changed since release 31.
13.18.1 Bug Fixes for Elements
13.18.2 Bug Fixes for Commands
- A bug was fixed in the amplification_factors command that resulted in a crash when the
corrected amplification factors were requested. This was reported by S. DiMitri (ELETTRA).
- A bug was fixed for twiss_output, which was incorrectly reporting the quantities
(parameters dalphax/dp and dalphay/dp in the output file) in some cases.
13.18.3 New and Modified Elements
- Added the BRANCH element, which permits branching between parts of a beamline based on
the number of passes executed.
- Apertures specified using MAXAMP or an external aperture file (using the aperture_data
command) are now enforced inside CSBEND and CSRCSBEND elements. There may be small
changes in, for example, momentum acceptance as a result of this, particularly when gradient
dipoles are involved.
- The longitudinal location of losses inside KQUAD and KSEXT elements is now computed more
accurately. Previously, it was simply the start of the element.
- Removed the non-functional FRINGE parameter of the CSBEND element.
- The BGGEXP (B-field Generalized Gradient Expansion) element now supports symplectic
integration using an implicit method, implemented by R. Lindberg (APS).
13.18.4 New and Modified Commands
- Added exclude parameter to chromaticity command, allowing exclusion of some sextupoles
that may match the list in the sextupole parameter.
- Added alter_at_each_step and alter_before_load_parameters
parameters to the alter_elements command, allowing better control of potential conflicts
- The random number generator seed is now permuted bitwise in order to add a greater level
of apparent randomness. Thus, changing the seed by a small amount will now have a bigger
effect on the sequences generated, making it easier to deliberately perform several runs with
very distinct random values. This can be defeated using the global_settings command by
setting inhibit_seed_permutation=1. This issue was pointed out by V. Sajaev (APS).
13.18.5 Changes Specific to Parallel Version
13.18.6 Changes to Related Programs and Files
- ionTrapping — Added computation of the single-ion oscillation frequency.