13.22 Highlights of What’s New in Version 29.1, 3 March 2016
Here is a summary of what’s changed since release 29.0:
13.22.1 Bug Fixes for Elements
- Fixed bugs in RECORD output from TRFMODE element for multi-step, single-pass runs. This was
fixed by A. Xiao (APS).
13.22.2 Bug Fixes for Commands
- The replace_elements command now respects quoted sequences in the new element
13.22.3 New and Modified Elements
- LRWAKE now supports long-range quadrupole wakes. R. Lindberg (APS) provided helpful
discussion in this implementation.
- ILMATRIX now supports second-order tune shift with amplitude as well as path-length
dependence on amplitude.
- TFBPICKUP now supports horizontal and vertical offsets.
- Added logging of photon coordinates and angles to the CSBEND element. Works in serial mode
- TRFMODE now supports interpolation within bins, giving smoother results.
13.22.4 New and Modified Commands
- alter_elements now has a occurrence-skip parameter, which would allow for example
changing every other member of a group of elements.
- momentum_aperture now allows specifying that WATCH elements remain active during
momentum aperture determination.
- frequency_map was modified to include the path-length in the output file, which can be used
to determine the dependence of the path length of the betatron amplitude.
13.22.5 Changes Specific to Parallel Version
13.22.6 Changes to Related Programs and Files
- The script prepareTAPAs was added, which allows processing files from twiss_output into
a form that is accepted by the Android App TAPAs .
- The script makeSummedCsrWake was added, which allows making a CSR wake that sums up
contributions from dipoles with various lengths and bending radii.
- The script TFBFirSetup was added, which allows generating FIR filters for turn-by-turn
feedback using TFBDRIVER and TFBPICKUP elements.
- ibsEmittance can now perform intrabeam scattering calculations for non-gaussian
- computeCoherentFraction now uses λ∕4π for the radiation emittance to be consistent with
- longitCalcs now computes the bucket-half-height even when a harmonic cavity is powered.