13.24 Highlights of What’s New in Version 28.1.0, 23 July 2015
Here is a summary of what’s changed since release 28.0:
13.24.1 Bug Fixes for Elements
- The ROTATE element was not affecting the floor coordinates. This was found and fixed by
A. Xiao (APS).
- The END_PASS parameter on SCATTER now works as expect, after removal of a one-pass offset.
13.24.2 Bug Fixes for Commands
- A bug was fixed that caused a crash when a 1-line aperture search was performed. This was
reported by Guohui Wei (JLab).
13.24.3 New and Modified Elements
- The TFBDRIVER element now has the ability to measure the beam phase for use in longitudinal
feedback. Previously, only momentum-based input was available for longitudinal feedback.
13.24.4 New and Modified Commands
- The ramp_elements and modulate_elements commands now have the ability to write a
record of their output values.
- The run_setup command now has options, intended primarily for developers, to turn on
memory usage and executing time monitoring during tracking.
- The units given for loss rate the output files from touschek_scatter were incorrect and were
fixed. Results were not affected. (A. Xiao, ANL)
- The tune_footprint command was improved in several ways. It is now possible to ignore
half-integer resonances. The upper and lower bounds of the chromatic tune footprints are now
available for optimization. It’s now possible to turn off either chromatic or amplitude tune
- The optimization_setup command allows suppressing particle tracking in order to improve
performance in some unusual cases.
- The correct_tunes command can now utilize any element that has the K1 parameter.
- The chromaticity command can now utilize any element that has the K2 parameter.
13.24.5 Changes for Parallel Version Only
- Fixed a bug that affected tracking when orbit correction was used, start_from_centroid=1,
and particle distribution was not random across processors.
- Warnings about ρ > 106 m are now issued by the parallel version, as for the serial version.
- Memory usage logging to WATCH output files now sums the memory across all cores, rather
than just the master core.
- A memory leak was fixed in the ZTRANSVERSE element that sometimes caused the program
to crash. This was reported by R. Lindberg (ANL).
- The output of the beam charge in the ZLONGIT wake output file was corrected; previously, it
only showed the charge on one core.
- The frequency_map command now provides an estimate of the time needed to complete.
13.24.6 Changes to Related Programs and Files
- The program sddsbunchingfactor is now part of the distribution.