- type: setup command.
- function: define how to subdivide certain beamline elements.
- sequence: must precede run_setup.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
- Any number of these commands may be given.
- Not effective unless given prior to run_setup.
- The element_divisions field in run_setup provides a simpler, but less flexible, method
of performing element division. At present, these element types may be divided: CSBEND,
CSRDRIFT, DRIFT, EDRIFT, KOCT, KQUAD, KQUSE, KSEXT, OCTU, QUAD, RBEND, RFCA, SBEND,
SEXT, and SOLE.
- Only effective if given prior to the run_setup command.
- Using save_lattice and element divisions together will produce an incorrect lattice file.
- Element subdivision may produce unexpected results when used with load_parameters
or parameters saved via the parameter entry of the run_setup command. If you wish to
load parameters while doing element divisions or if you wish to load parameters from a
run that had element divisions in effect, you should not load length data for any elements
that are (or were) split. The name and item pattern features of load_parameters are
helpful in restricting what is loaded.
STRING name = NULL;
STRING type = NULL;
STRING exclude = NULL;
long divisions = 0;
double maximum_length = 0;
long clear = 0;
- name — A possibly wildcard-containing string specifying the elements to which this
- type — A possibly wildcard-containing string specifying the element types to which this
- exclude — A possibily wildcard-containing string specifying elements to be excluded from
- divisions — The number of times to subdivide the specified elements. If zero, then
maximum_length should be nonzero.
- maximum_length — The maximum length of a slice. This is usually preferrable to specifying
the number of divisions, particularly when the elements divided may be of different lengths.
If zero, then divisions should be nonzero.
- clear — If nonzero, all prior division specifications are deleted.