- type: setup command.
- function: causes specified elements to be ignored during tracking.
- Must precede run_setup.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
- Any number of these commands may be given.
- This command can provide improved parallel performance in cases where large numbers
of non-transforming elements (e.g., MARK or MONI elements) exist in a beamline. (These
elements can impact performance because elegant checks particles against aperture
limits after every element.) Using the show_element_timing flag in run_setup can help
determine if this will help.
- This command cannot be used if centroid or sigma output is requested in run_setup.
STRING name = NULL,
STRING type = NULL,
STRING exclude = NULL,
long disable = 0;
long clear = 0;
long completely = 0;
- name — Possibily wild-card containing string specifying the elements to which the operation
is to be applied.
- type — Possibily wild-card containing string specifying the element types to which the
operation is to be applied.
- exclude — Possibily wild-card containing string specifying elements to be excluded from the
operation. Does not affect elements included by other specifications.
- disable — If nonzero, the command is ignored.
- clear — If nonzero, all prior specifications are deleted.
- completely — If nonzero, the element is ignore not only for tracking, but for all purposes.
(This allows, for example, requesting sigma and centroid output from run_setup.)