- type: major action command.
- function: perform optimization.
- sequence: must follow optimization_setup and beam definition (bunched_beam or
- can use parallel resources (Pelegant) for tracking-based optimization.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
- note: on UNIX systems, the user may press Control-C to force elegant to terminate
optimization and proceed as if optimization had converged. (To genuinely terminate the run
during optimization press Control-C twice.) This is very useful if one wants to get a look at
the partially optimized result. If one uses parameter saving (run_setup) or save_lattice
one can make a new run that starts from the optimized result.
long summarize_setup = 0;
- summarize_setup — A flag indicating, if set, that a summary of the optimization parameters
should be printed.