- type: setup command.
- function: define an element parameter to be varied as a function of optimization parameters.
- sequence: must follow optimization_setup and precede beam definition (bunched_beam or
- N.B.: It is not possible to optimize an element if the element name starts with one of the
following characters: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ., +, or -. The reason is that elegant will
attempt to make an SDDS parameter name containing the element name, and these characters
are disallowed at the beginning of such a name.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
STRING name = NULL;
STRING item = NULL;
STRING equation = NULL;
long disable = 0;
- name — The name of the element.
- item — The parameter of the element to be changed.
- equation — An rpn equation for the value of the parameter in terms of the values of any
parameters of any optimization variable. These latter appear in the equation in the form
<element-name>.<parameter-name>, in all capital letters. The original values of all variables
and covariable may be accessed via names like <element-name>.<parameter-name>0.
- disable — If nonzero, the covariable is ignored.