- type: setup command.
- function: set up the number of simulation steps and passes.
- sequence: must follow run_setup.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
long n_steps = 1;
double bunch_frequency = 0;
long n_indices = 0;
long n_passes = 1;
long n_passes_fiducial = 0;
long reset_rf_for_each_step = 1;
long first_is_fiducial = 0;
long restrict_fiducialization = 0;
- n_steps — The number of separate repetitions of the action implied by the next action
command. If random errors are defined, this is also the number of separate error ensembles.
- bunch_frequency — The frequency to use in calculating the time delay between repetitions.
- n_indices — The number of looping indices for which to expect definitions in subsequent
vary_element commands. If nonzero, then n_steps is ignored.
- n_passes — The number of passes to make through the beamline per repetition.
- n_passes_fiducial — The number of passes to make through the beamline per repetition
for the fiducial beam. If non-positive, use n_passes. For ring tracking, should probably always
be set to 1.
- reset_rf_for_each_step — If nonzero, the rf phases are established anew for each bunch
tracked. Should be zero to simulate phase and timing jitter.
- first_is_fiducial — If nonzero, the first bunch seen is taken to establish the reference
phases and momentum profile. If zero, each bunch is treated as a new fiducializing bunch.
- restrict_fiducialization — If nonzero, then momentum profile fiducialization occurs
only after elements that are intended change the momentum, such as rf cavities. If zero,
then each element is fiducialized to the average momentum of the beam. Active only if
first_is_fiducial=1 and overrides the always_change_p0 setting in run_setup.