- type: setup command.
- function: set parameters for slice analysis of the beam along a beamline. Also, results in
placing the final slice analysis (at the end of the beamline) in symbols for use in optimization
equations. The names of the symbols are the same as the names of the columns in the output
- sequence: must follow run_setup and precede beam definition (bunched_beam or sdds_beam).
- N.B.: slice analysis uses an approximate computation of the normalized emittance, regardless
of the setting of the exact_normalized_emittance flag in the global_settings command.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
STRING output = NULL;
long n_slices = 0;
double s_start = 0;
double s_end = 1e300;
long final_values_only = 0;
- output — The (incomplete) filename of the output file. Recommended value is “%s.slan”.
- n_slices — Number of slices to use.
- s_start, s_end — Position in beamline at which to start and stop performing slice analysis.
- final_values_only — If nonzero, then slice quantities are computed only at the end of the