- type: setup command.
- function: analyze Twiss parameters within a user-defined region for purposes of optimization.
- sequence: must precede twiss_output.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
STRING match_name = NULL;
STRING start_name = NULL;
STRING end_name = NULL;
double s_start = -1;
double s_end = -1;
STRING tag = NULL;
long verbosity = 0;
long clear = 0;
- match_name — Optional wildcard string to match to element names for selection of elements
to inculde in the analysis.
- start_name — Name of the element at which to start analysis. If the element occurs more
than once, the first occurrence is used.
- end_name — Name of the element at which to end analysis. If the element occurs more than
once, the first occurrence is used.
- s_start — Position (in meters) at which to start analysis.
- s_end — Position (in meters) at which to end analysis.
- tag — Name prefix for quantities computed by the analysis. The quantity names will have
the form tag.statistic.quantity, where statistic is one of min, max, and ave, and quantity is one
of betax, betay, etax, etay, alphax, alphay, etaxp, and etayp. E.g., if tag is region1, then
one could use expressions like region1.max.betax in optimization.
- clear — If nonzero, all previously defined analysis regions are deleted.