- description: Converts ASCII particle output from ASTRA to a binary SDDS file suitable
for use with elegant. This program is recommended over the astra2sdds program on the
ASTRA website, because the latter produces ASCII SDDS files that are quite slow to read.
astra2elegant [inputFile] [outputFile] [-centerReference]
- inputFile — ASCII particle output file from ASTRA.
- outputFile — SDDS file containing phase space data. May be used directly with
- -centerReference — Normally, astra2elegant offsets the arrival time of all particles
by the arrival time of the reference particle. This behavior can be suppressed by giving
the -centerReference option. In that case, the arrival time of the reference particle is
defined as 0.
- -pipe[=input][,output] — Standard SDDS toolkit pipe option.
- authors: M. Borland (ANL/APS).