- type: action command.
- function: change the particle type from the default value of “electron.”
- sequence: must precede run_setup.
- N.B.: this feature has had limited testing, mostly to verify that electron tracking is not
impacted by the implementation. Please use with caution and be alert for suspicious results.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
STRING name = "electron";
double mass_ratio = 0;
double charge_ratio = 0;
- name — The name of the particle to use. Possible values are electron, positron, proton,
muon, and custom.
- mass_ratio, charge_ratio — If the particle name is “custom,” these parameters specify the
mass and charge of the particle relative to the electron. E.g., for an anti-proton, one would
use a mass ratio of 1836.18 and a charge ratio of 1.