- type: action command.
- function: change the starting point in a lattice
- sequence: must precede run_setup.
- Command syntax, including use of equations and subcommands, is discussed in 7.2.
STRING element_name = NULL;
long ring_mode = 0;
- element_name — Name of the element where the lattice will start, which implies removing
all elements upstream of the named element. If the element occurs more than once, the first
instance is used. The named element will be the first element in the lattice.
- ring_mode — If nonzero, the ring structure of the lattice is preserved by moving the elements
upstream of the named element to the end of the lattice.