13.9 Highlights of What’s New in Version 35.1.0
Here is a summary of what’s changed since release 35.0.1. Historical change logs are collected in Section
13.9.1 Bug Fixes for Elements
- The matrix for misaligned FMULT elements was incorrect. The misalignment was applied twice.
- The edge effects for KQUAD were broken for tracking only in version 35.0.1. This was fixed.
13.9.2 Bug Fixes for Commands
- The filter parameters (start_occurence, end_occurence, s_start, s_end, after, and
before) of the steering_element command now work better when multiple such commands
are given. In particular, overlapping intervals are detected and non-overlapping intervals are
13.9.3 New and Modified Elements
- The HKPOLY element was added. It allows imparting kicks to the beam according to a
Hamiltonians that are polynomial functions of (x,y) and (qx,qy). R. Lindberg (APS) helped
develop the concept for this element.
13.9.4 New and Modified Commands
- The correct command has a new parameter, force_alternation that forces orbit or
trajectory correction to continue with x/y alternation regardless of whether one plane appears
to have converged.
- The set_reference_particle_output command was added. It allows defining a reference
set of particle coordinates to which tracked coordinates will be compared for purposes of
- The optimization_setup command now allows setting the interval (in terms of function
evaluations) between checks of the interrupt semaphore file. Previously, the file was checked
only at the end of a simplex pass.
13.9.5 Changes Specific to the MPI Parallel Version
13.9.6 Changes Specific to the GPU Version
The GPU version continues to be an alpha release and contains bugs. Users are
encouraged to check results against the serial or parallel versions and report issues to the
13.9.7 Changes to Related Programs and Files