- description: Computes ion trapping conditions using elegant twiss parameter output as
ionTrapping -twiss filename -superPeriods number -kappa ratio -output filename
-current mA -bunches number
- twiss — Give the name of a Twiss output file from elegant. It is advisable to subdivide
the elements finely enough to get smooth representations of the lattice functions. The
file should be computed the radiation integrals turned on, since the natural emittance
and energy spread are needed.
- superPeriods — Give the number of superperiods of the basic cell described by the
Twiss output file.
- kappa — Give the ratio ϵy∕ϵx. The emittances are computed from ϵ0 using ϵx =
and ϵy = κϵx.
- output — Give the name of the output file. The file contains the information in the input file,
with the following added elements, among others:
- Column Acrit — Acrit(s) is defined as
where Ne number of electrons per bunch, rp is the classical proton radius, Sb is the bunch
separation in meters, σx(s) is the local horizontal rms beam size, and σy(s) is the local
vertical rms beam size. Any singly-ionized species with atomic mass greater than Acrit will
- Parameters ex, ey — The horizontal and vertical emittances.
- Parameter AcritMin — Minimum value of Acrit(s).
- Parameters speciesTrappedFraction, where species is H2, H2O, CH4, CO, and CO2. These
give the fraction of the circumference over which H2, H2O, CH4, CO, and CO2,
respectively, are trapped.
- current — Give the total beam current milliAmps.
- bunches — Give the number of bunches.
- authors: M. Borland (ANL/APS).